Frequently Asked Questions
Some questions that everyone has in mind when they come to us
1. What is BankerBay?
BankerBay is the world’s first deal origination tool to use a scientific approach to matching opportunities in finance and introducing them. We are a deal and opportunity network. While social and professional networks connect people, we connect the deals they are working on.
2. Is BankerBay a social network?
No. BankerBay is a platform connects deals and capital, globally. We assimilate, organize, analyze, verify and introduce opportunities, using algorithms and a team of IB analysts. Our members add their requirements and we introduce them to suitable opportunities.
3. Do I have to manage a profile?
No. As long as you keep your LinkedIn profile current, you’re good. We’ll only ask you for information when we absolutely need it. BankerBay allows you to sync your profile with your LinkedIn account and auto updates when you update your LinkedIn profile.
4. How Do I Use BankerBay?
- Add a Proposition (we cannot help you unless you add a deal)
- Promote your proposition to your contacts (you can choose to promote your deals to your LinkedIn and Email contacts)
- You wait for BankerBay to come back to you with introductions
5. Why BankerBay asks you to Login using LinkedIn?
- We need some basic level of verification and information on each of our members, before we introduce their deals to others. Screening through Linkedin helps us verify our members. It also saves you time as you do not need to provide us with any of your information. It makes the experience easier for you
- Accessing BankerBay through Linkedin has a number of benefits - we auto fill your profile, you can promote your deals among your contact base with a single click and when we introduce you to others, they can see your BankerBay profile, which picks content from your Linkedin profile- so other members can get good perspective on you when we introduce you
6. What does BankerBay do with my LinkedIn Information?
- We do not store your private details such as your connections
- We do not message people on your behalf
- We do not use your network or connections to promote BankerBay
7. How Do I Search BankerBay for other people?
You don’t. BankerBay is not searchable. The only people you will ever come in contact with on BankerBay are people who we have identified as having the potential to bring you business. You simply need to add your requirements and screen the introductions we make for you. When you find an introduction to be of value, simply request the other side for a profile disclosure and begin communicating directly with them.
8. Who uses BankerBay?
Please refer to Our Members.
9. How many matches / introductions can I expect to receive?
Once you add a deal, and unless you ask us to delete it, we will continue making introductions for you, on that deal, indefinitely. We will contact you within 7 days of you adding a proposition with an introduction or an update.